One of the reasons, procrastination, is such a danger, to our overall health, and well – being, is most of us, experience certain warning SIGNS, which, if addressed, in a timely manner, can, often, be, minimized, but, if ignored, may be significant obstacles to our health, and well – being. Proactively, paying attention, to these, was, often, the primary reason, given, by the late, Dr. Robert Atkins, for, why he dedicated much of his life, to the significance of paying attention, to minimizing our overall use, of carbohydrates, in terms of health benefits! Dr. Atkins, who became famous for, what was often, referred to as the Atkins Diet, was a Board – Certified Cardiologist, who, as a young professional, suffered a heart – scare, and, decided, there must be a better approach, to overall heart health, etc. Many events occur, which, when treated, in an initial stage, are relatively simple, and can be effectively handled, but, if, left, unattended, have the risk of becoming, something, major. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Sore; signs/ signals: Aches, pains, discomfort, and soreness, are often, warning signals, and, wise people, pay keen attention, and, consult their health professionals, promptly, in order to ensure, nothing, more serious, is occurring! Rather than procrastinating, and/ or, proceeding, with – denial, a wise person takes advantage of these warning signs, and minimizes health risks, and ramifications!
2. Identify; improve; insights; innovate; imagine; issues: Take the time, and pay keen attention, so you might identify, in an early stage, any, potentially, significant health issue. When you do so, it is often, relatively simple, to improve your overall condition, and, proceeding with insights, an open – mind, a positive, can – do, attitude, and the self – confidence, to help yourself, you will imagine potential issues, early, before they become significant, etc!
3. Good; great: What makes you feel good, and why? How might you, effectively, transform paying attention, to greater health?
4. Needs; nerve; nervous: One of the reasons, many resort to procrastinating, is they are nervous, and/ or afraid, of knowing, what’s wrong. Either they perceive, the worst, or, minimize, the signs! You will be better served, when you proceed, with the nerve, to effectively address actual, and potential needs!
5. Stronger; solutions: Self – help focuses on the best ways, to make you stronger, happier, and more personally fulfilled! When you spend less time, merely, worrying, and more, focused on viable solutions, your potential for fewer health issues, is enhanced!
Recognizing some of the early warning SIGNS, our body, often, provides, is a strategy, which, often, creates far better overall health, and well – being! Will you expand the limitations of your self – imposed, comfort zone, and become, your best friend?