Oral care among children should begin from the time when they haven’t even developed the milk teeth. Dentistry for children encourages parents to provide oral care for their kids from infancy, especially when the child erupts his or her first milk tooth or as soon as they reach age 1. The American Academy of pediatric dentistry recommends that children must be taken for the first dental visit at this age.
Pediatric dentists are dental professionals with the experience and qualifications to give children the best professional dental care. The kid’s dentist near you can provide oral healthcare to your child, involving caring for the child’s teeth, gums, and other supporting tissues in the mouth. Pediatric dentistry can be your child’s best friend when the matter of oral health is concerned from their infancy until adolescence. Professionals involved in dentistry for children can help your child get the protection he or she needs against oral health issues that can result in long-term consequences and lifelong complications.
The kid’s dentist can provide the following services to your child and more when you take the children for a dental visit:
- They conduct oral health exams on children to assess the risks of decay and cavities in the child as well as the mother.
- The kid’s dentist uses preventive measures to keep problems like cavities and decay away from the child’s mouth with a dental cleaning, fluoride treatment, discussion on proper nutrition and diet, and education.
- Pediatric dentists can detect oral health issues that could potentially be linked to severe conditions like asthma, diabetes, hay fever, congenital heart defects, and other problems.
- Pediatric dentistry in Del Mar, CA treats orthodontic issues like misaligned or crooked teeth and an improper bite.
- The professionals are also adept at providing care for dental injuries, including fractured teeth, and can repair damaged or decayed teeth.
- They can prevent and manage gum disease in children and also treat the conditions effectively.
Parents are accustomed to taking their child to the family dentist who provides oral healthcare to all members of the family. Parents could be adopting this practice to ensure the child receives treatment from a trusted dental professional throughout their lives. However, if parents think differently and prefer to take the child to a pediatric dentist, they will be ensuring their child receives specialized care that others cannot provide, including family dentists. A pediatric dentist best handles specific conditions, concerns, and issues specific to children.
Taking children to a dentist is a challenge itself because children are uncooperative and have dental anxieties and fears. Pediatric dentists, however, are aware of these concerns and usually prepare themselves ahead of time by remaining extremely patient when dealing with the child. Pediatric dentists use special techniques and equipment specifically designed for children to provide high-quality, effective care needed by the child.
Taking the child to a pediatric dentist by age one ensures that any problems in the child’s mouth are detected early, and preventive treatments are administered to prevent the issue from progressing. Pediatric dentists are qualified to identify such issues, unlike general dentists. Therefore the importance of the services provided by pediatric dentists should be considered extremely important.