Although, everyone ages (and, doing so, certainly beats the alternative), it often, seems, some do so, more successfully, and comfortably, than others! Some decide to lie, about their age, while others, proudly, admit to it, and appear, feeling positive, and looking forward, to the future, with excitement, etc. What we proclaim, and how we feel, may, or may not, be related, and/ or, even relevant! Rather, usually, it’s how one proceeds, and what he makes, of his life, which determines, whether, he ages, gracefully, and, in a happy, healthy manner, or, in a less than fulfilling way! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 steps, to, try to, ease the aging process.
1. Get a physical: The more you know, and the better, one prepares, the better the chance, to avoid some of the avoidable health issues! Invariably, when ailments and health issues, are identified, and treated, in a timely manner (instead of delaying and procrastinating), the better the longer – term, possibilities! Getting a physical/ check – up, from a trusted health professional, on a regular basis (once – per – year), provides a great, initial basis, and preventative approach!
2. Check – up, from the neck – up/ attitude: A wise person commits to giving himself, a check – up, from the neck – up! When one proceeds, with a realistic, positive, can – do, attitude, and identifies, his personal strengths, and weaknesses, using those areas of strength, and addressing any weaker area, he becomes better prepared for living life, to its fullest! As Henry Ford, is credited with saying, You can think you can, or think, you can’t. Either way, you’ll be correct. Looking for viable solutions, and considering, obstacles, to be challenges, instead of problems, often, is an essential component of being happier, less stressed, and healthier!
3. Know your pain tolerance: Different people have differing tolerances to pain, and, what some, might consider, overwhelming, others may feel, isn’t as significant and meaningful! Know yourself, and let pains, guide your actions, etc!
4. Risk/ reward: Healing ailments, and what treatments, make sense, should depend, largely, to the risk/ reward scale! If the ailment is a life – threatening, and/ or, severely debilitating one, more invasive treatments, may, make more sense, than, for everyday, aches and pains, etc. Don’t make things, potentially worse, by using measures, which may make minor issues, worse!
5. The Wellness Approach: Most of the rest of the world uses a Wellness Approach, to medicine, healing, and health. While, Americans, use allopathy, as the first measure of treatment, others rely on less chemical approaches, including homeopathy, and other components of Wellness medicine!
Ease the aging process, by doing, all you can, to live a happier, healthier, more – prepared life! You’ll be glad you did!