Most people, believe, in this nation, the Father of the Low – Carbohydrate Diet, was Dr. Robert Atkins. Dr. Atkins, a Board Certified Cardiologist, faced a potential heart – related, health issue, in the 1970’s, and did not wish, to proceed, dependent on taking medications, often, with longer – term, ramifications. He proceeded to study the world – wide, research, and discovered, in Germany, and nearby nations, reducing the intake of carbohydrates, has numerous, health – related benefits! After years of studying, he created, what is referred to, as, The Atkins Diet, and the expression, low – carb, was popularized in the United States. Hundreds of thousands, if not, millions of people, have, at one time or another, used, either the entire program, or a component, of this approach. When followed, and observed, with discipline, and insight, the results have been remarkable and exceptional! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 benefits of using a Low Carbohydrate Diet.
1. Easy to follow: Most people find dieting, challenging, and often, lack the necessary degree of discipline, needed, to stay on a diet! One of the primary reasons, the results of this approach, have been, as successful, as they have, is, this is an easy to follow, plan! With this plan, the dieter does not get hungry, as often occurs, with other approaches!
2. Works, and can be, life – changing: If it didn’t work, no matter how, easy it seemed, to use, it wouldn’t succeed, or endure! There are several parts of this plan, from the initial stage, where carbohydrates are severely, restricted and limited, and the goal, is referred to, as, ketosis, because the body, begins burning facts, for energy, instead of carbohydrates! This stage, generally proceeds, for at least two weeks, until, weight loss, approaches one’s goal. Gradually, individuals add small amounts of carbohydrates, until, they reach their goal. It becomes life – changing, because, once we change our eating habits, and reduce our carbs – addiction, the weight can be kept, off!
3. Not related to calories: This approach does not count calories! Often, foods, which may be low – fat, or low, in calories, may not be, low in carbohydrates. One must begin to recognize, how this works, and have the discipline, and insights, to proceed, in a wise, intelligent, focused way!
4. Don’t get hungry: Unlike some approaches, when one uses this plan, he doesn’t get hungry! Doesn’t it make sense, when we aren’t hungry, our chance for success, improves?
5. Can use this, at home, or out: Unlike the diets, which use, pre – packaged foods, etc, the Atkins Diet, is easily used, at home, or, when, out to dinner!
No diet should be attempted, unless one consults, first, with his trusted, health professional! The more you know, the better, you will be served, and represented!