WESTMONT, IL — The village of Westmont recently announced its trick-or-treat times for 2020, along with some guidance for those partaking in the traditional Halloween festivities amid the pandemic. Village officials said in a news release that trick-or-treat hours will be from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Oct. 31, but that is pending further guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health and the DuPage County Health Department and is subject to change.
For those who choose to take part in trick-or-treating, Westmont has suggested the following safety guidelines, along with the existing CDC guidelines and IDPH guidelines:
- Keep 6 feet of distance between you and other people
- Wear a cloth mask; costume masks should not substitute for face masks
- Use hand sanitizer frequently and wash your hands when you get home
- Do not participate if you are feeling unwell, are awaiting coronavirus test results or have been exposed to coronavirus
- Only hand out pre-packaged candy
“Typically, the Westmont Police Department offers tips and recommendations for trick-or-treating to help our residents and community be safe. Because of COVID-19, there is much more to consider regarding the planning for this fun holiday. We’ve created a few suggestions for families to consider, however, we ask everyone to look for updates on our Village of Westmont website prior to October 31 as the State of Illinois or other agencies may issue further directives. The only goal is to help people be safe during Halloween,” Westmont Police Chief Jim Gunther said in a news release.